Wednesday, May 11, 2011

You Rock!

I love this card! I found inspiration in the Summer 2010 Close To My Heart Idea Book. It originally was a 5x7 card, but I downsized it to a standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.

I am uploading this one today because it feels so appropriate to my life. My dd just turned 3 and she is a little mischief maker. I usually smile afterwards at something naughty she has done. I know I will miss these days when she becomes a teenager. :)

Here is a list of products used to make this cute card:
  • You Rock Level 2 Paper (Retired)
  • White Daisy, Chocolate and Yellow Cardstock
  • It's A Zoo Stamp Set
  • Creme Brulee Ribbon
  • Glue Dots
  • Chocolate, Olive and Creme Brulee Inks
  • Chocolate Watercolor Pencil

Here are a couple of cards that I made using up some leftover scraps. That is what I love about being a papercrafter. I will confess that it is hard for me to throw scraps away. I used one of our workshop on the go kits last year and decided that I would see just how far I could stretch my dollars. I think I ended up with 16 scrapbook pages (or 8 layouts), and something like 59 cards. Of course, I did add in additional cardstock, but I was able to use every last scrap. For really tiny pieces, I even took some old craft punches and punched out tiny hearts to embellish with for later use. 

Our How-To-Programs make this so much easier to do. Just like our slogan says, we make it "Faster. Simpler. Easier."

Here is a list of products used for the 2 cards pictured above:
  • You Rock Level 2 Paper (Retired)
  • White Daisy and Goldrush Cardstock
  • You Rock WOTG Stamp Set
  • TLC Stamp Set
  • Pearl Opaques
  • White Daisy Sassy Strands
  • Clearance Ribbon from Jo-Ann Fabrics
  • Outdoor Denim, Olive, Creme Brulee, and Smokey Plum Inks
  • Wishes How-To-Program
So I have to share this cute story with you, since it is the inspiration for this blog post.
On the way to school Monday morning, I overheard this conversation: Jack to Izzy "You're going to be totally awesome! With that new bike, you'll be able to ride up hill and that's the best part! In fact, YOU ROCK!" To which Izzy replied "You rock, too! I'm going to ride my bike faster and faster!" LOL

Life is never dull with these 2 kids. Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment