Friday, July 22, 2011

All Bundled Up for Christmas...in July?

Yes, you read that title correctly. LOL

I figured with this heatwave, the only snowmen I'd be making would be the stamped kind. I am part of a Christmas Card swap group. You may remember the Santa card I made a few weeks ago.

Well, tonight (after tucking my children into bed), I sat down and started working on my second set of swap cards. I had an idea already in mind based on the stamp set I had.

Here is my card:

Supplies Used:

Mistletoe Creative Basics Paper
Mistletoe Level 2 Paper
In the Month of December Stamp Set
All Bundled Up Stamp Set (Retired)
Cocoa Ribbon
Cocoa Embossing Powder
Versa Mark Ink & Cranberry Ink
Liquid Applique Pen
Prisma Glitter
Craft Heater
Colonial White Embroidery Floss
Wishes How-To-Program (adapted)

I don't know if it's because it's a 5x7 sized card, but it seems like it's missing something. If you can think of something that I could add to it, or change up, please comment below. This is my rough draft, so to speak. The only thing I can think off hand to change up would be the sentiment, maybe adding a patterned paper, or making the sentiment box smaller.

Have a great night!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I can't wait to try the "Snow". That looks like a great snow hill! Love the stitching all along it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left a little something for you on my blog. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the Liquid Applique - it really adds to the scene! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete