Saturday, July 2, 2011

Birthday Blast Miracle Card

Today, I was beginning to think it would be a miracle to get my prep. done in time for the card workshop (next weekend). Phew! Worry, no more. I am finished!

Here is the card that I just completed a few minutes ago:

This card has a few techniques to show off. I used the edge distresser to "wrinkle" up the edges. Stamping, coloring, and paper-piecing round out the extra techniques.

Now, here's a secret to share with you. I didn't like this stamp set when I first saw it. I thought it was too cartoonish. But, the more I looked at it, the more possibilities I saw from this set. And the sentiments? Could they be any cuter?! :)

Here is a list of products used to make this card:

Birthday Blast Stamp Set
Cranberry, Crystal Blue and Desert Sand Inks
Watercolor Pencils (Honey and Desert Sand)
Desert Sand, Creme Brulee, Cranberry and Colonial White Cardstock
Miracle Level 2 Paper
Colonial White Grosgrain Ribbon
Cranberry Brads
Edge Distresser
Wishes How-To-Program

If you click on the picture, you will be able to see it in larger detail. From there, you will see how I used the Desert Sand watercolor pencil to outline some of the images. I have yet to emboss, so I'm guessing this set would be super cute with embossing.

I can't wait to show my workshop guests how to create this fun birthday card. As of yesterday, I have 8 people signed up. I still have room for 2 more guests, if you are interested. Please contact me by Saturday, July 9th to RSVP.

Hope you're all enjoying your holiday weekend!

Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment