Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cruisin' Down Memory Lane Layout

Hello, again! I haven't been this excited by a paper kit in a long time. Cruisin' really is a very versatile kit. So many possibilities....

Today's layout was inspired by Jeannette Lynton's blog (CEO of Close To My Heart). You can see the original  here. I chose to follow her example pretty close, as you can see. I decided to use my Typeface alphabet stamp set, and the Cricut cartridge for the title. I also tried to incorporate a few more of the foil complements into my layout.

If it wasn't for my Great-Grandma, most of these photo's would never have existed. Great-Grandma Holcomb had a polaroid camera, the first that I remember seeing. I think in a round-about way, that my Great-Grandma helped me understand the importance of capturing moments in time with pictures. Yes, that is me...and my baby brother in these pictures.

Some of my favorite memories are of going to visit Great-Grandma and playing with the toys she kept in a box for her grandchildren to play with. She had a buffet in the dining room that she kept candy in, and each time we went to visit, we were allowed one piece of candy. It was a rare treasure back in the day. I can remember how lovely she smelled...I think it may have been rosewater, and how soft her skin was when I'd press my cheek to her's. Silly little memories but one's that make me happy. I don't think a kinder, gentler person has ever existed in my world.

Really, that is what makes scrapbooking such a wonderful hobby. We have the ability to preserve our family memories for generations to come.

Products Used:
Cruisin' WOTG Kit
Cruisin' Foil Complements
Black Embroidery Floss
Cricut AP Cartridge
Typeface Stamp Set
Magic How-To-Program

Tomorrow, I will share my last Cruisin' layout with you. Please feel free to share your memories or comments below.

Casandra

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a great idea for these papers! Talk about memories- my first camera was a Polaroid also. I loved taking that out for special occasions. Beautiful pics and so glad you have these treasures!

    ReplyDelete