Friday, March 16, 2012

Cruisin' to Coolsville Layout

Today, I would like to share with you my last Cruisin' layout.
I found inspiration for this layout at Scrapbook Generation's blog. I am a real fan of being able to use 4x6 photo's on my layouts. The cost is quite economical and most of us tend to buy our prints in 4x6 size.

The original layout sketch that I used has (1) 4x4 photo, (1) 4x6 photo and (8) 3x3 photo's. Since I wasn't sure if I honestly had 10 photo's to use, I decided to change mine to 4x6 size (in the vertical juniper section). I love the flexibility that this sketch allows for number of photo's. I may decide to add my journaling to one of the photo mats.

You can see the original sketch here. I asked my husband what he thought about this layout, and was surprised at what he had to say. He loved the cranberry stripes at the top...said they reminded him of the old 50's diners. Since this paper is reminiscent of that time period (in my opinion), it was an awesome thing to hear. He rarely has much to say about my scrapbook layouts, so this was a really exciting moment for me. Those of you that share my love for this wonderful hobby can probably relate. :)

Products Used:
Cruisin' WOTG Kit
Cruisin' Foil Complements
Additional Cranberry, Black and White Daisy Cardstock

After creating the 3 layouts that I've shown you, I have 1 full sheet of B&T paper left, along with some smaller scrap and (2) sheets of grey wool cardstock. I plan to create at least one more layout for my personal use and have decided that my attendee's should have the same option to get creative with the remaining pieces from their kits.

If you would like to join me for this workshop on April 22nd, please contact me here for kit options. If you are unable to attend, but would like to purchase pre-cut, pre-stamped kits, I would be happy to accommodate you.

Thank you so much for stopping by.

Casandra

1 comment:

  1. This looks so "cool"! No really, it might be my favorite of the series.

    ReplyDelete