Sunday, June 24, 2012

40th Birthday Card

Good morning! I found a new blog that does card sketch challenges. It is called Freshly Made Sketches.

Here is this week's sketch:
This sketch made me think of my Spellbinder oval dies that are still in their package. I decided it was time to crack them open and find out what all the Spellbinder fun was about. It's pretty cool, actually.

Here is the card I made based on the above sketch:
I just love the simple elegance of Florentine. 

If you would like to participate in this week's sketch challenge, please click here for more details.

Casandra

6 comments:

  1. Great birthday card! love your ribbon tied up with a button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spellbinders ARE lots of fun! So glad you found our challenge and participated with this beauty. I love how you did the wide ribbon with the button! Hope you'll be back and join us again at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! I love how you flipped the sketch and used the wide ribbon. Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job making the sketch your own! I really like that bold ribbon on the side. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love your interpretation of the sketch. The wide ribbon is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful birthday card, love that you used the numbers and flipped the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete