Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Best Fishes Workshop Cards

I spent a little time tweaking this next card to get it just right. It could be used for Best Wishes, Get Well Soon, Congrats, or simply Thinking of You themes.
I kept looking at the inspiration card on page 41 of our current Spring/Summer 2012 IB. I liked the spray pen part, but the bamboo paper just needed something more. That's when I remembered I had purchased a new Cuttlebug embossing folder called "Spots and Dots" just for these cards. So after I used chocolate spray ink on the cardstock, I embossed it. It really does work best embossing after spraying so that the white core of our cardstock is more visible.


Then, I pulled out this cute $1 ribbon I found at Jo-Ann's and played around with it until I found the best spot for it. Still being unsure as to whether the ribbon would take it too far, I asked my husband what he thought. If you remember from my last post, he considers artwork advice to be too much pressure. LOL So I asked my 6yo son what he thought. His response was "Mama, I like whatever you make." Okay, stop overthinking it, Casandra. LOL


So, I hope you like my dolled up version of the card shown on page 41 in the current IB. I am very happy with it, and I adore our spray pens! So much fun!


This card is also being entered into the Spatter Technique Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I am busy thinking up new ways to incorporate spray pen techniques into some future card designs.


Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment