Sunday, October 6, 2013

FMS106 Winter Tree Card

I am back today with the first card I made on World Card Making Day. I used this fun sketch created by Freshly Made Sketches.
There are moments when things don't go quite according to plan. Such was the case with this card. My initial vision called for me to use my Snow Dots embossing folder instead of the hexagon folder. I cut my circle out and the corresponding Spellbinder die fancy circle. Instead of silver pearl, I originally intended to use kraft cardstock, but since it was a new die, it ripped that circle. At each turn, I finally realized I was being pushed to try some of my new products with this card. You see, I originally intended to make a standard size card, but in the end, I'm happy I made this lovely 5x7 version, instead. 

Recipe:
Paper: Silver Pearl CS (Jo-Ann's), White Daisy CS, Florentine (CTMH)
Stamps: Lovely As A Tree (SU!), Very Merry Christmas (CTMH)
Inks: VersaMark, Tsuniko Black
Tools: Hexagon Folder (Cuttlebug), Fancy Circle Die (Spellbinders), Circle Stax Die (MFT), Paper-Piercer, Silver Embossing Powder, Craft Tray, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Craft Heater (CTMH)
Other: Blue Epoxy Bubbles (CTMH)

The trees are embossed in silver, but my picture doesn't show that detail well. Hope you like.

Casandra

3 comments:

  1. Cassandra this is such a lovely card! I'm loving the texture you've used and Lovely As A Tree works so well for this layout! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, all those wrong turns ended up as this beautiful card! I love the texture and Lovely as a Tree always makes the most gorgeous image! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete