Tuesday, March 18, 2014

CTS #68 Bee Happy Card

Good morning. My daughter informed me yesterday that the other Kindergarten class had traps set out for the Leprechaun, and when I asked her why, she said it was to get the Leprechaun's gold. Hmm....

This morning, my children were so cooperative and helpful in getting ready for school. I heard "You're the best Jack in the world!" followed by "You're the best Izzy in the world." Awe. :)

When I saw the current color challenge at Dynamic Duos, I thought of honey bees. I paired the color challenge with the current sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch! Did you notice the black paper has a glossy embossed texture to it? It's from a new paper line we are carrying called "Paper Fundamentals". I'm hoping to see more of this in our next idea book that will be out this summer. Maybe some Christmas colors(?)....


Recipe:
Paper: Mayberry (retired), Paper Fundamentals, White Daisy CS, Black CS (CTMH)
Stamps: Happy Hive, Delicate Wings Petite Perks (retired) (CTMH)
Inks: Black (VersaFine)
Tools: Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Glue Pen, Prisma Glitter, Honey Alcohol Marker, Black Watercolor Pencil, Micro-Tip Scissors (CTMH), Oval Die and Scallop Oval Die (Spellbinders)

I would also like to enter this card into The Paper Players "Spring" Clean and Simple Challenge. Have a terrific Tuesday! Bee happy!

Casandra

5 comments:

  1. What an amazing job on all three challenges, Casandra! Bees are a sure sign of spring, and that sentiment is just adorable. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect colors for these images and those little bees are so sweet! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, everybody might as well sit down, I am declaring this the winner!! So, so sweet and adorable, Casandra!! Between it and your little siblings' love fest, my heart is overflowing!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bees look fabulous with these colors!! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so sweet! Your card totally makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete