Sunday, June 1, 2014

Ariana Workshop

Good afternoon! I had a wonderful morning at church today. The Pastor talked to us about being like Barnabas from the Bible...to go and be an "Encourager". When he asked the congregation if anyone knew what Barnabas meant, it was one of the youngest girls at our church that spoke up with the correct answer. That was rather humbling and wonderful all at the same time. I guess the only encouragement that I can really think of for today is to be more kind. If each of us took a moment to respond with an extra kind word or two to each other, this world would be such a better place for it. Just something for you to think about....

Now, onto sharing my Ariana artwork with you. I will have to save one layout for tomorrow because it will be featured with other blogs as part of the Scrapbook Generation hop. Please be sure to check back tomorrow morning for that one. It's one of my favorites. :)


The last layout awaits pictures from my daughter's Kindergarten Graduation set for this upcoming Thursday night. She kind of rolled her eyes today about it. Seems she doesn't get why if she graduated Preschool already, that she has to have a graduation ceremony for Kindergarten, too. I told her to enjoy every minute of it because she won't be "graduating" again until high school. 

Recipe:
Paper: Ariana, Ivy Lane, Ariana Coral CS, Ariana Green CS, Slate CS, White Daisy CS, Outdoor Denim CS (CTMH)
Stamps: Ariana WOTG, Dreamer (CTMH)
Inks: Outdoor Denim, Sorbet, Crystal Blue, Olive (CTMH)
Tools: Paper-Piercer, Micro-Tip Scissors, Sponge (CTMH)
Other: Black & Grey Epoxy Bubbles, Ariana Assortment, Ariana Complements, Olive Mini-Medley (retired), Glue Dots (CTMH)

I didn't make a lot of changes to the main workshop layout. For the "Chase Your Dreams" layout, a friend loaned me the "Dreamer" stamp. I think it will be darling with Izzy's graduation pic's (hopefully, I get some good ones!). For the "Smile" layout, I knew which template I would use so I could incorporate the 8x10 photo. I wish that the photo printer would do a better job of making sure that 4x6, 5x7, and 8x10's were actually true to size. My suggestion for this layout would be to cut the 2x8 piece a little more than 2". You can always cover the edge of it with your photo if it's not right, but at least you won't have a white strip glaring at you. Or you can do as I did, and take some ribbon and cover the seam up. Even a zip strip cleverly cut would be cute!

My workshop is scheduled for Friday, June 20th, at 6:30 pm. Contact me today to reserve your spot. RSVP's and orders must be placed by Monday, June 9th.

Thanks so much! Hope you are having a terrific weekend.

Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment