Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Use Your Chipboard UYSBH

Do you have lots of chipboard hoarded hiding in your stash? As I was contemplating this next layout, I stumbled upon one of the first packages of dimensional elements I had purchased...hearts. It was featured with long ago retired Topstitch kit. I like these dimensional elements because you can sponge ink on them, like I did, stamp directly to them, or layer paper on them. There's much more that you can do, but I touched on just a few that make these chipboard elements so wonderful.

If you have come here from Katy's blog, you are on the right track. Katie creates beautiful artwork, and I have had the pleasure of watching her grow artistically since even before I became a consultant.



I have been wanting to create this Wild About Love layout for some time now and I thought it would be perfect for the baby album I'm working on. 2 foxes meet, fall in love, and then along comes baby fox. Cute, right? 

The Wild About Love left page was scraplifted with a few changes from the S/S 2014 Idea Book. I used Reflections pattern #1 for the right page (title topper) but made a few adjustments to the pattern to best mirror the left page. I thought this would be a great February/March layout for the baby album. I think this is one that I may recreate for my son's album. I love it that much, and if you haven't yet purchased our Paper Fundamentals cardstock, what are you waiting for? It's awesome!

Products Used:
Paper: Basic Paper Fundamentals, Crystal Blue CS, Outdoor Denim CS, White Daisy CS, Desert Sand CS (CTMH)
Stamps: Wild About Love (retired), Field Trip Alphabet (retired) (CTMH)
Inks: Outdoor Denim, Sunset (CTMH)
Tools: Paper-Piercer, Micro-Tip Scissors, Stitch Guide Ruler, Cricut Art Philosophy, Glue Pen, Journal Pen, Scallop Border Punch (CTMH)
Other:Foam Tape, Glue Dots, White Embroidery Floss (retired), Gold Polka Dot Washi Tape, Triangle Durable Studs, Hearts Dimensional Elements (retired) (CTMH), Epoxy Alphabet (K&Company)

If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below.  

Your next stop on the hop will be Shirley Ross' blog. Please be sure to visit all the blogs among this hop for more inspiration on how to use up that chipboard.

Thanks for stopping by! 

Casandra

6 comments:

  1. So cute, I love the little foxes!! Beautiful layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh cute layout. Love the colors and your chipboard piece really brings it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fundamentals AND the stitching is so NEAT!!! How do you get it that straight!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! I love this stamp set and haven't used mine yet. Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this it's too cute! I think the foxes are the perfect addition to your layout, AND I may be borrowing this idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete