Tuesday, April 21, 2015

H2H What A Wonderful World Challenge

I love camping in the summer, and when we're not able to camp, we always try to visit family members that are. There is something indescribable about being outdoors in the sunshine, next to a camp fire, and sharing fond memories.



Recipe:
Paper: Jackson, Back Country (retired), Barn Red CS, Colonial White CS (CTMH)
Stamp: Jackson WOTG (CTMH)
Inks: Barn Red, Juniper (CTMH)
Tools: Cricut Artbooking, Glue Pen (CTMH)
Other: Jackson Complements (CTMH)

If we can pass on some of these traditions to our kids, it is our hope that some day they will do the same with the next generation. We are so fortunate to live in the USA, even with its share of flaws. I'm grateful for those that make sacrifices to keep us safe...to enjoy these little moments of happiness with our families. In this spirit, I am entering this layout into the current Heart 2 Heart challenge: What A Wonderful World.

P.S. That picture of Jackson and I was taken by Izzy, who had just turned 5. It was her first time handling the camera, even. Not too shabby; she's a natural.

On to the crafty portion of this post: Did you notice how the title pops? Instead of using foam tape to back it, I cut the title out three times (twice in white cardstock), and layered it with a generous portion of bonding memories glue between each layer. When I laid the top layer down on my paper, it blended right in. It was missing that shadow effect that only layering or foam tape could give. I used Cricut Craft Room to cut my title out, so I could stretch it a bit more to fit the title topper space best. I was even able to weld "the" together so it would match "Great Outdoors".

Thank you for stopping by.

Casandra

3 comments:

  1. Awesome title effect. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That title is wonderful, and what a lovely photo your 5 year old took! Thanks for sharing this layout at H2H challenges, it is always a pleasure to see what you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout, I love the colours and the details! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete