Saturday, October 10, 2015

Sangria Happy Day Layout

Do you ever create a layout and then go back to it the next day (haha, in the light of day) and think something just isn't right? If you do, than you can commiserate with me on my next layout.
Before
After
Recipe:
Paper: Sangria, Champagne CS, Colonial White CS, Pomegranate CS, Eggplant CS (CTMH)
Stamps: Friend Tree, Hello Life - Scrapbooking, Zoe WOTG (CTMH)
Inks: Poppy, Pomegranate, Eggplant, Honey, Goldrush, Fern, Champagne (CTMH)
Tools: Paper-Piercer, Non-Stick Micro-Tip Scissors, Stitch Ruler (CTMH)
Other: Thin 3d Foam Tape, Pink Enamel Gems, White Embroidery Floss (CTMH)

Don't get me wrong; the tags are cute. But with them added (following sketch), it no longer felt visually balanced with the left page (hip to be square). So after pondering it for a while and asking advice from my consultant team, I decided to ditch the tags, and move the camera cluster to the lower right corner of the photo group. This helped to draw attention to the beautiful photos, and I was able to add more heartfelt journalling to my layout, as well. 

The purple bases and fab. photos help to make this layout one of my new favorites.

Thank you for stopping by today. We are getting ready to go on a Fall Photo Shoot. Hope the kids will smile.

Casandra

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are just creating like crazy. I love all of the layouts you've posted here and on the artwork board.

    ReplyDelete